Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back to the Classics-2013

In keeping with the resolutions, I am joining this Challenge, especially since my Classics reading has taken a beating since I stopped being a snobbish school girl.


Here are the categories and the books I am hoping to read for them which might change midway, because of any ensuing boredom.

The Required Categories:
  1. A 19th Century Classic: Les Miserables- Because I must read it before I watch the film anyway.
  2. A 20th Century Classic- Do androids dream of electric sheep
  3. A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic- Vicar of Wakefield? There really was not much of an option.
  4. A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience - This can be an African-American author, or a book relating to slavery, civil rights, or African-American culture.- Jazz
  5. A Classic Adventure- The Three Musketeers- Because, why not?
  6. A Classic that prominently features an Animal - This can feature animal characters or animals in the title (real or imagined)- Charlotte's Web.

And these are the optional  categories which I will decide later.

Optional Categories:
    A.  Re-read a Classic
   B.  A Russian Classic
   C.  A Classic Non-Fiction title
   D.  A Classic Children's/Young Adult title
   E.  Classic Short Stories - collection must include at least 3 short stories by the same author, or at 
                                              least 3 stories collected together by genre, time period, etc.

1 comment:

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

Thanks for joining the Challenge! I read A Color Purple last year... and woah. It is intense and wonderful and I hope you like it as I did!